Thursday, August 13, 2015

e.l.f. Matte Lip Colors

I've got 5 of the Matte Lip Color pencils. These are pretty cool, twist up pencils that provide good color pay off and are long lasting. They will settle into fine lines but can be reapplied during the day without balling or crumbling on the lips.

Natural, Coral, Nearly Nude, Praline, Rich Red (Bottom to top)

These all have great pigment and went on nice and smooth. They weren't glossy but didn't dry down to a complete matte finish. Perhaps suede? My lips didn't feel dry. The color lasted awhile, not all day, but you can reapply without it balling up or crumbling on your lips. 

Natural, Coral, Nearly Nude, Praline, Rich Red (top to bottom)
I tried to get a nice color representation on these so I've done them all out in sunlight.

e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Color in Natural

Natural is a neutral light pink leaning nude. Very flattering, easy to wear. Neutral. Slightly pink leaning against my yellow toned skin. Settles info fine lines like CRAZY.


e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Color in coral
e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Color in Coral

Coral is a orange leaning nude. Very flattering, I've worn this one often.


e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Color in nearly nude
e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Color in Nearly Nude

Nearly Nude is a gorgeous neutral beige. Again, settled into lip lines like CRAZY. Made for someone with more plump lips than mine. So flattering though.


e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Color in Praline
e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Color in Praline

Praline is a warm yellow brown, think Allie McBeal 90s brown. Nice throwback but not something I'd wear daily.


And the best for last...

e.l.f. Studio Matte Lip Color in Rich Red

Rich Red is a bright pink toned cherry red. Goes on more sheer and glossy than I would have expected for a matte lip pencil but I think it makes it look more wearable. I can't wait to wear this all summer long.


e.l.f Studio Matte Lip Color pencils are available here for $3.00/ea. My faves? Rich Red. Then maybe Natural, and Coral.

2 comments:

  1. Rich red is sooo pretty. I love the color for its so sexy on lips and I also love the coverage and finish. This is something worth checking out!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...