Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sephora Haul


I've been so good about trying to "shop" in my own makeup drawers lately but it was my birthday this past month and I decided to splurge. I've been trying to find a good foundation since I've moved back to Texas and the weather is drastically different than in Missouri. My skin has uneven tone, large pores, and very oily, and the heat and humidity down here don't help matters. I've gone through 5 (yes, FIVE) different foundations at the drugstore but I gave up and finally ordered through Sephora. I don't mind buying drugstore products if they work well but I've spent three times as much as I would have if I had just purchased a more expensive foundation.

ANYWAY.

I LOVE bareMinerals Bareskin Serum Foundation and finally broke down and bought it. I bought the kit since I also got the full-size brush and a small mineral veil compact for a great deal. I'll buy the larger foundation size later. My color now is Bare Natural 07 (which is kinda crazy since last summer I was Bare Latte 11 - guess I was out gardening more than I realized!). 

CoverFX Mattifying Primer was a love of mine before I moved, but it hasn't been playing nicely with the bareMinerals foundation. Previously I used this primer with Make Up For Ever foundation, maybe I'll go back to it? It was the best combination I found for my skin type down here by the Gulf. I do like that it matifies, smoothes, and has some salicylic acid in it for my troubled skin.

The other stuff are free samples and my birthday gift. 

The birthday gift from Sephora were the NARS pencils. The NARS pencils are fantastic - one in Cruella, a deep matte red, and Rikugien, a beautiful neutral satin pencil. I'd ever tried the pencils before but I really like them!

Buxom Show Me Some Skin and Urban Decay naked foundation samples were free with the order. I'm interested in trying the Buxom foundation since the bareMinerals one is giving me trouble. I remember it covering better (or maybe my skin was better) and if I apply enough for good coverage I can't get it to set, even with lots of powder. Sigh. Oily skin problems.

And of course a small perfume. I love these - easy to travel with so I don't have to take 5 million bottle with me.

Can't wait to share some swatches with yall! And if you have any suggestions on the primer/foundation issue, let me know! I'm all ears!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...