Monday, July 22, 2013

Black and Blue, again

I finally got this pretty one on my nails - Sally Hansen Black and Blue from their Complete Salon Manicure collection. In daylight, it appears to just be a blackened teal, which is lovely on it's own, but when you get in a little darker light, that's when the multichrome really comes out to play. 

Sally Hansen Black and Blue swatch


Please excuse the ridiculous pull from my topcoat. I really need a new one. I may have to go back to my beloved Seche Vite, even though that one pulls like crazy too, it doesn't give me bubbles!

Sally Hansen Black and Blue swatch

I can see dark teal, royal blue, and a little violet at the extreme edges.

Sally Hansen Black and Blue swatch

Perhaps a little magenta at then edges? That may just be my eyes wanting to see more color shift than is really there!

Sally Hansen Black and Blue swatch

The polish even shines pink and gold in the bottle, but I'm beginning to think those colors you see at extreme angles in the bottle are more from the glass bottle changing the color that can't be replicated on the nail.

Oh well. All in all, a fun duochrome.

Above is three coats for full opacity. You could likely get away with one coat over black. I'm not sure that would affect the multichrome - would you get more or less layered over black? Sounds like a fun experiment!

2 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous on your nubbins! I know I haven't mentioned it yet, but I'm so glad you're back to blogging! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is lovely! the subtle purple/pink is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...