Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Milani Eyeliners

I love Milani products. Lip gloss and nail polish specifically, but I'm trying to branch out more into their other cosmetics. I've heard a lot of good things about their Liquif'Eye eyeliner pencils, so whilst browsing one day, I grabbed one and a liquid eyeliner. I grabbed the basics, and black and a brown, because really, can you have too many black or brown eyeliners? I think not.

Some quick hand swatches before the individual stuff!

Milani Liquif'Eye Brown (left), Milani Infinite Liquid Liner in Everlast (right)



Milani Liquid Eye in Brown (pencils says Milani Liquif'Eye Metallic Eye Liner Pencil - color me confused) is a gorgeous medium brown coppery pencil that glides on like a dream. I've heard them compared to Urban Decay 24-7 Liners, which I must say, they do remind me of them. Color applied great with silky precision and color payoff was great, no tugging or pulling or going over the same place time and time again to get some color on the lid.







According to the packaging, this liner boasts all day wear and smudge-proof. Um, stop. I wore it to work one day over primer (one that went on way too cakey as you can see above) and by lunch it was smudging a bit and by the end of the day (I was too busy to look in a mirror that afternoon) and I had it halfway down my face. Thanks for mentioning it co-workers! While it applied like a dream I'm not sure it ever set. While I love my smooth liners, I'm not a fan of one that runs. Maybe it was the primer? I haven't had another day to wear liner that I haven't been at work (and I'm not going to have raccoon eyes if I can help it) so the testing continues...


Milani Infinite Liquid Eye Liner in Everlast is a rich black liquid eyeliner. Great dark color payoff, precise application, and no stinging involved while it set. I have trouble with some liners having too much alcohol in them so when they're wet they sting like crazy before they dry and I sit and fan my poor tearing eyes until the liner is set. Not with this one!


According to the package, this liner is waterproof, color intense, smudge and smear-proof and gives you 24 hour long wear. It does have great color pay off - nice rich opaque black - and the brush gives you very exact lining (great for those with small eyes, like myself!!). I like this as much as my Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner in Perversion - only MUCH cheaper!






By the way, Milani, THANK YOU for putting out drugstore makeup that is individually packaged to I know when I open an eyeliner to put on my eyes (or hand for swatching) I know it doesn't have the germs of a hundred other people on it from being tested in the stores.

3 comments:

  1. love milani!!! their brown pencil is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had same issues w running with pencil liner in black with MAC as well as Elf brand in black pencil.
    looks like MAC's liner in the little jar applied with rush liner is my go to for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mac & Target's Elf eye liner pencil in black do the same for me in regards to running. So, Mac's pot or jar of eye liner is my go to as it stays put & has survived all nighters at the hospital this past year which is great considering the mask covers all but my eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...