Saturday, August 25, 2012

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Shadow Pencil in Morphine - Swatches & Review

I shared with ya'll the cream liners that Milani recently put out, and I wanted to share my Urban Decay one that everyone keeps comparing them to.

I have the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Shadow Pencil in Morphine - a light purple with a pale blue shift. It's like a lighter version of Ransom.

I will preface this post with the fact that I've had this product for awhile, and like any makeup hoarder collector, I used it a few times and then became distracted by other products. I think I have makeup ADD. Haha. MADD. Yep, I'm MADD. Anyhow, I remember it being more even and soft, but now it seems to have dried out a little. I'm not sure what the shelf life of these is, but they do change a little over time.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Shadow Pencil in Morphine
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Shadow Pencil in Morphine, swatched on bare skin


You can find an arm full of swatches here at karlasugar.net

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Shadow Pencil in Morphine
Urban Decay 24/1 Glide On Shadow Pencil in Morphine, swatched on bare eyelid

Just like the Milani Shadow Eyez pencils, you have some blending time before it sets, but it's hard to use as anything other than an all over lid color/base or an eyeliner.

Me Gusta:
- sleek, portable design
- great color selection
- nice as an eyeliner or wash of lid color
- good if you're in a hurry!
- great wear time, with or without primer

No Me Gusta:
- requires a super big sharpener which I don't have, and will waste product 
- on the expensive side, given new similar versions in the drugstores
- dry out quicker than other shadow pencils (per google search!)
- uneven coverage, can be hard on eye area to ensure opacity
- dry quickly on the lid, can end up tugging for blending
- may be too drying for regular/dry lids

Verdict: It's OK. I may buy another, but I'm not in any rush to do so.

You can buy these wherever Urban Decay is sold, and they retail for $20 for 0.1oz pencil.

3 comments:

  1. Seems that its not a very good eyeshadow pencil :(


    http://anya-jang.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have not tried these yet - but have loved the 24/7 liner pencils from UD for a long time - only overtaken of late by Tarte Amazonian clay liner pencisl - but UD had the shades in liner pencils I love to use for a second line...sure I could not wear this shade of shadow here...not my shade for a full eye look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the colour, although not so keen on a too dry formula. BTW there's nothing wrong with being a makeup collector...I'm a "collector" too, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...