Saturday, August 4, 2012

Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Eyeliner

Do you struggle with eye makeup migrating under your eyes in hot weather? Or even in cool weather? I know I do. I appreciate that my oily skin theoretically makes my skin less wrinkled, but honestly, I'd like to be able to wear eye shadow or base for more than a few hours before it's dripping down my cheeks.



Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes eye liners are absolutely awesome for those of us who have trouble with makeup smudging. I don't tend to use waterproof makeup as it tends to be oil based, which wreaks havoc on my eyes and skin. These babies, however, are freaking awesome. Waterproof, smudge proof, and fade proof!

What Sephora.com has to say about them ...

What it is:

An award-winning, waterproof, smudge-proof, and fade-proof eyeliner that doubles as a vibrant eye shadow.

What it does:

This best-selling eyeliner has become a favorite among all women who fear the dreaded raccoon eyes. Formulated to glide on effortlessly and withstand the most extreme conditions, it stays put on eyelids without melting for precise application and intense color throughout the day.

What else you need to know:

Aqua Eyes is available in extensive range of 25 vibrant shades. Fun Fact: Dany Sanz originally created this product for performers of water ballet.


Sephora is the exclusive beauty retailer for this product.


I bought these in a pack of for 5 mini eye liners. I'm about halfway done with them because they're so pigmented you don't need to use a lot to get a nice line of color. They aren't quite as smooth as Urban Decay 24/7 eye liners.

Great color payoff. Each of these is two swipes on the back of my hand.
  • 0L = matte black/black sheen
  • 3L = Iridescent Navy Blue/navy blue sheen
  • 7L = Turquoise/light turquoise sheen
  • 10L = Bronze/metallic bronze
  • 11L = Purple/metallic purple

These are the ones I received in my pack, but there are a ton of colors available. 


I highly recommend these. I keep forgetting I have them because they're stubby little mini pencils, but when I remember them, I use them often! The bright colors are awesome and they have plenty of the staple colors (brown, black, gray, etc.). These will last a long time even with daily use and they're gentle on the eye area when applying.


These are especially awesome when it's forecasted to be raining, when going to a water park (ahhh didn't think you could wear eye makeup did you?), if you have watery eyes or allergies, or if it's generally freakishly humid in your area. 






This is when I was washing them off my hands. This is with some soap and scrubbing with my fingers. As you can see, they can take some serious water and rubbing before they start to come off. You'd definitely need a dual phase eye makeup remover for these!


These are regular pencils so you'd have to sharpen them, which does waste some product, but it's a regular sized pencil so you don't need a fancy sharpener or even a new one.

Overall, awesome product and once I get my eyeliner stash down a bit, I plan on buying at least two or three of these!

EDIT: In the comments, please keep talking about these tightlining/waterlining and I can't believe I forgot to mention that! These are PERFECT for these because they're water proof so you can do your waterline and it won't smudge! I always have trouble with liners not leaving any color on my water line and then when I blink it goes everywhere! These stay put. 

I used the 0L for my waterlining/tightlining in The Penguin Makeup Challenge, Week 1:  Black & White. A picture is below for you to see how well these pencils color the waterline and how well they stay! I only applied ONCE and this is 30-45 min after I applied the pencil, so if they lasted that long, it'll last all day!

The Penguin Makeup Challenge: Black & White

9 comments:

  1. Great review! I like the shades 7L and 10L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I think I'm going to have to get a few of these for waterline lining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how vibrant these are. Thanks for the review, I might have to pick up a few colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummmmm im going to have to get that black one for sure. my skin is a little oily, too, and my eyeliner on my waterline always runs a little. these are perfect! thanks for featuring these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome colors, and I love the staying power they have my eyeliners also run if they aren't 24 hour wear type. Great idea Jacqui to use on the waterline :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right, I always use this if it's humid here. I'm sure I won't look like a racoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the look of the tuquoise and the bronze! No makeup seems to last on me, after a couple of hours it's disappeared!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love that you used it on the waterline, whenever I try to put aaaany eyeliner there it's gone within 5 minutes, so annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I need them in my life!! I'm just like you, my make-up only lasts for a few hours because of my oily skin and my allergies and therefore watery eyes :P I really have to check them out :D Thanks for this awesome review!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...