Sunday, June 24, 2012

Week 26: Neon

Ahhh finally, my first weekend this month that I haven't been working or out of town. Yay for being lazy in my OWN HOME. hehe So here we are with Week 26 of the 52 Week Challenge. We're halfway there! Yeehaw!

This week's challenge was neon. I grabbed a few China Glaze neons a few months ago at a local beauty supply store, but I haven't worn them yet. Simply Beauty did an awesome neon week awhile back, and it made me want to break these out and play with them. 

Here's what they look like in the sun. This was the most accurate color picture I could get.

Neon mani
Week 26: Neon (sunshine)

I got TONS of compliments on these. One said it reminded her of the 80s. Haha, I totally see it! They were nice and bright but since I didn't put topcoat, they chipped within a few hours. Of course, I was playing basketball, so that may have had something to do with it!

neon mani, neon nails, neon
Week 26: Neon (indoor lighting)

I used three China Glaze neons and another color that screams neon but isn't labeled as one. These picture are without topcoat and they all dried to a semi-matte finish with great drying time. Application was hit or miss, as with all neons. More info on the polishes below!

These are the lovely colors I used ...



china glaze pink voltage

China Glaze Pink Voltage is a great bright pink, went on second best out of these neons. Sheesh. Two coats did the trick but a one nail required a third. Hard to capture on film because it freaks out my camera, but trust me, it's much brighter!


China Glaze In The Lime Light

China Glaze In The Lime Light is a gorgeous bright green with aqua shimmer. You can barely see it in the pictures, but it's there, and it's so pretty! BEST formula of all these, almost a one coater, but I did two to even it out.


China Glaze Sun Worshiper

China Glaze Sun Worshiper is a bright neon orange. Here it looks like a faded yellow-orange, but in real life, it's a gorgeous bright orange. Again, it either looked over exposed or under exposed, so I chose this one, but it's awesome. Crap formula, I had to do four and five coats no my nails and it had cuticle pull like I've never seen!


China Glaze Celtic Sun

China Glaze Celtic Sun is a bright highlighter yellow. Great color, awful formula. This one required four to five coats and liked to sink so a ridge filling basecoat would be quite helpful.

I didn't use white under these, which I know helps them pop, but I have such issues with white polish application I didn't want to add more trouble to these, but def a basecoat like Butter London has would likely have helped. Overall they were fun to wear but I'm not sure they were worth it...



Post contains a sponsor link.

20 comments:

  1. Thank you for giving me my mani for this week. I may even do my toes. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love matte finishes, gorgeous colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors. I think neons just chip more easily :( That's been my experience anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love neons! I'm so happy they're 'back' (in polish, clothing, accessories...) I may look a little silly dropping my kiddo off at preschool with my neon leopard print bag, but oh well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them all but I think my favorite is Pink Voltage. Polished nails and basketball, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neons are my thing at the moment! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous neons! They're all really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect colors for summer! PLUS I also love mattes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this combo!
    And I just adore neons!
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome mani! sun worshiper is one of my favorite colors of all time :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so much fun! No need to doll up a mani like this, it's already pretty awesome. And you make me really want Celtic Sun, which is so not a me color, but just looks like so much fun on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful skittles - makes me wish summer wasn't quite so far away!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! I love the pink and the orange polishes :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are beautiful colors, but my favorite is the orange one, gives me a summer feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Into the Limelight <3 Perfect summer colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look so cool!!! In the Lime Light is absolutely stunning! Too bad they chipped so fast :/

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look awesome! I'm a little nervous wearing neons, but they look great on you. Maybe it's time to branch out! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for the shout out, lady! this mani looks AWESOME on you! i love the colors you picked. Pink Voltage has got to be my favorite, though :p and it totally does remind me of the 80's, but apparently what's 'in' nowadays is the bright colors and everything anyway. i love 'em :)

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...