Monday, June 25, 2012

Sephora Moonshadow Baked Palette - In The Nude Swatches + Review

One of my very bestest friends bought this palette for me for a Christmas present. She knows me so well, and it's crazy that I had wanted to buy it for myself and had decided to pass, and then I get it wrapped up with a pretty (and glittery!) bow.


According to Sephora.com, they call it "A palette with a range of ten baked eye shadows in nude colors, each with a super sparkly finish ... each delivers a cosmic amount of diamond dust shimmer."

Top Row, Indoor Light

Top Row, Sunlight

Bottom Row, Indoor Light

Bottom Row, Sunlight

The top row seems to be more sheer and lighter colors, while the bottom row is more pigmented with darker colors.They are very soft and do have a fair amount of fall out, but I've found that using a concealer brush (or something similar with dense, slightly stiff bristles) packs color well on the lid. The palette will get covered in shadow dust regardless of how careful you are though. Too bad.

Overall, great palette. I've been enjoying it and it's been my go to palette since swatching it. I definitely appreciate the spectrum of colors and pigmentation.

I am really bad about taking pictures of looks I've done, but I've included a few that I've done with the set. Sorry about the changes in lighting, they were taken in different parts of the house/yard.

  


*also used Milani Shadow Eyez in Aquatic Style

I really like this palette and I'm enjoying using it. The shadows don't seem to be going down very quickly, so I imagine it lasting a fair amount of time.

This is available at Sephora for $30, and they also have two other versions: In The Heat and In The Dark which look interesting.

3 comments:

  1. What a nice Christmas present! :) All of the shades are so beautiful! I really love the first make-up look and the third one with the Aquatic Style on the lower lash line. Looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...