Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tip: Flakies Fix Everything!

I'm finally on Pinterest! I'm so behind on what's cool, but yay, so follow me or leave me your name in the comments below and I'll follow you! You can find me at http://pinterest.com/kakigo.

I don't know if many of you have noticed, but I've been commenting more (yay!) and that's due to Jenn from I'm Still Thinking... who reminded me of the "next" button with google reader. It's been my lifesaver. It takes just as much time to read them on google reader and then load the page separately to comment than to just use the next button. Ahhhh, I'm in love. Thanks again Jenn!

Now on to the actual post ..

Do you remember a post awhile ago where I mentioned that flakies fixed sheet marks?

I tried it again because, well, I'm a klutz. I shouldn't be allowed out in public. Or with wet nails. I was painting Zoya Savita when I was studying for my exam (trying to multitask, I should know better) and the next thing I knew, I had bumped my index finger and knocked off a chunk of polish!

So I put on another layer of polish and then put Finger Paints Motley over it (two coats) and you really can't tell I knocked a chunk out of the polish. You can still see the divot in the polish, but from an arm's length away, you can't tell at all!

This is on my right hand, so please forgive the painting, I'm still kinda shaky! =)



Maybe it's the fact that the surface is broken up with the flakies so it tricks the eye into not seeing the mess up? I'm not sure, but it works for me!

Has anyone else noticed this or tried it? If not, next time you accidently smush your wet polish or get sheet marks, don't take it off, try a flakie on top and see if it fixes it! <3 it!!

And a funny picture I took while out to dinner with a friend. When we were leaving this is what we saw next door ...


How much for a three course meal? Holy cow, glad we didn't eat there! =P


21 comments:

  1. Flakies and glitter can fix anything. So beautiful!

    WOW that is a lot for a dinner! Why would they advertise that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was probably 11.99 but one of the 9's got knocked off. :)

      Delete
  2. HAHA BRILLIANT! Must keep this in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip indeed. I do the same thing with glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smart tip, thanks for sharing! Btw, the combination is great ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful tip... thanks & love the mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tip! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use glitter to fix mistakes, but I haven't used flakies yet. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My St Patrick's Day manicure would have been unwearable without China Glaze Luxe and Lush. It was a scratched, dinged up mess before adding L and L. Got to love it when glitters or flakies come to the rescue. I'm lexsarah on pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a good idea. I am checking out your Pinterest site now. Mine is http://pinterest.com/nailsndetails if you want to take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! I'm following you on Pinterest now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the combination of that polish and those flakies! Wonderful tip, thank you for sharing this! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just another reason to love flakies! =)

    LOL, I love signs like that!

    I followed you on pinterest! I'm at pinterest.com/noxnails

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great. I love the term flakies fix everything as it's so true :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've used glitters and my crackles, but not flakies...mostly because I don't have flakies yet. :(

    BUT! That should be remedied today! *dances* I'll have to try it, because I smudged my thumbnail after working REALLY hard on an ombre mani.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soooo cool! Good to know!

    That's an expensive meal LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love this combo. I often put glitter or flakies over a mani if I smudge or dent. I am such a klutz so it's rather common.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a great idea! I'm dying to get my hands on motley. Awesome mani!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great tip! I never would have thought of this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool idea. I am gonna try this.

    http://the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...